Dates for your diary
We have lots of children potty training this term. Don't forget we can help with this. Please speak to your key person if your child is toilet training to work out the best way that we can support you both. Our local health visitor has given us lots of useful information and you can find this by visiting https://www.eric.org.uk/Pages/Category/potty-training or by asking a member of staff for a leaflet.
Late Collection of Children
The committee has decided that from Tuesday 1st December 2016 the charge for late collection of children will be £6 per 15 minutes or any part of 15 minutes. Therefore a child collected 20 minutes after the end of a session the charge will be £12.
This applies to parents and carers of children who are regularly collected late.
This is at the end of the morning and afternoon sessions. The afternoon session are full therefore a member of staff may have to stay beyond their contracted working hours to ensure the staffing child ratios remain correct.
The pre-school prospectus states -
To avoid upsetting your child please return promptly at the end of the session. If for any reason you are delayed please phone the pre-school as soon as possible. An additional charge will be made if late collection becomes a regular occurrence.
The Uncollected Child policy states
(Available on the www.mortimerpreschool.com)
§ If a child is not collected at the end of the session we follow the procedures below:
- The child’s file is checked for any information about changes to the normal collection routines.
- If no information is available, parents/carers are contacted at home or at work.
- If this is unsuccessful, the adults who are authorised by the parents to collect their child from the setting - and whose telephone numbers are recorded on the Registration Form - are contacted.
- All reasonable attempts are made to contact the parents or nominated carers.
- The child does not leave the premises with anyone other than those named on the Registration Form or in their file.
- If no-one collects the child after the setting has closed and there is no-one who can be contacted to collect the child, we apply the procedures for uncollected children.
- We contact our local authority children’s social care team.
- The child stays at the setting in the care of two fully-vetted workers until the child is safely collected either by the parents or by a social care worker.
- Social care will aim to find the parent or relative. If they are unable to do so, the child will become looked after by the local authority.
- Under no circumstances will staff go to look for the parent, nor do they take the child home with them. A full written report of the incident is recorded in the child’s file.
§ Depending on circumstances, we reserve the right to charge parents for the additional hours worked by our staff.
§ Ofsted may be informed: Tel 03001231231
30 Hour Free Childcare Entitlement
Starting from Monday 30th October we will be offering the full 30 hours to eligible parents as we will be opening all day from 9am to 3pm on Fridays. Of course, Friday afternoon sessions will be available to all children - not just those that qualify for 30 hours. Please speak to Janet or Alison if you are interested in a Friday afternoon space.
The Autumn Term started on Wednesday 6th September 2017 and we break for half term on Friday 20th October 2017. The new term starts on Monday 30th October. See Term Dates page for full details.
Next Committee Meeting
The next committee meeting will be on Thursday 9th November at 9.15am in the back room at pre-school. Parents are welcome to attend.
Visit from Zoolab
We were lucky enough to have another visit from Zoolab back in May. We try to rotate the days on which Zoolab visits to try to ensure that as many children as possible can enjoy this super experience. We hope to have another Zoolab day soon.
The UK's No.1 Animal Experience and Lifelong Learning Company