News and Notifications
Covid-19: We hope that you are staying safe through this difficult time. We have had to adapt the way we run in order to protect our families and our staff. Therefore, unfortunately, we are not organising any social or fundraising events at the current time.
New term, new committee members! Our pre-school is committee led and with the new school year, we are looking for new members. Speak to any member of staff if you are interested in joining. We will be meeting later this month - date not yet decided. It's a great way to get to know everyone and good for your CV too!
We have lots of children potty training this term. Don't forget we can help with this. Please speak to your key person if your child is toilet training to work out the best way that we can support you both. Our local health visitor has given us lots of useful information and you can find this by visiting https://www.eric.org.uk/Pages/Category/potty-training or by asking a member of staff for a leaflet.
Late Collection of Children
The charge for late collection of children is £10 per 15 minutes or any part of 15 minutes. Therefore a child collected 20 minutes after the end of a session the charge will be £20.
This applies to parents and carers of children who are regularly collected late.
This is at the end of the morning and afternoon sessions. The afternoon session are full therefore a member of staff may have to stay beyond their contracted working hours to ensure the staffing child ratios remain correct.
The pre-school prospectus states -
To avoid upsetting your child please return promptly at the end of the session. If for any reason you are delayed please phone the pre-school as soon as possible. An additional charge will be made if late collection becomes a regular occurrence.
The Uncollected Child policy states
(Available on the www.mortimerpreschool.com)
If a child is not collected at the end of the session we follow the procedures below:
- The child’s file is checked for any information about changes to the normal collection routines.
- If no information is available, parents/carers are contacted at home or at work.
- If this is unsuccessful, the adults who are authorised by the parents to collect their child from the setting - and whose telephone numbers are recorded on the Registration Form - are contacted.
- All reasonable attempts are made to contact the parents or nominated carers.
- The child does not leave the premises with anyone other than those named on the Registration Form or in their file.
- If no-one collects the child after the setting has closed and there is no-one who can be contacted to collect the child, we apply the procedures for uncollected children.
- We contact our local authority children’s social care team.
- The child stays at the setting in the care of two fully-vetted workers until the child is safely collected either by the parents or by a social care worker.
- Social care will aim to find the parent or relative. If they are unable to do so, the child will become looked after by the local authority.
- Under no circumstances will staff go to look for the parent, nor do they take the child home with them. A full written report of the incident is recorded in the child’s file.
- Depending on circumstances, we reserve the right to charge parents for the additional hours worked by our staff.
- Ofsted may be informed: Tel 03001231231
Term starts on Monday 6th September and ends on Friday 22nd October 2021.
We have had an excellent fundraising team who help to make our events a success. We now need new members. Please get in touch if you would like to help out. firstname.lastname@example.org
Next Committee Meeting
There is no forthcoming committee meeting.
Important safety notice
****Safety for your children****
This warning also applies to other fruit / veg –e.g. grapes should be cut in half or quarter lengthways, carrot should be cut in to sticks and cherry tomatoes should be cut into quarters.
If you pack foods for lunch that are considered a choking hazard we will not allow your child to eat them. They will be sent back home untouched – please keep this in mind when preparing lunch for your child.
The UK's No.1 Animal Experience and Lifelong Learning Company
The last Ofsted inspection took place in October 2018 when the pre-school was judged as "Good".